About Everett C. Fox, MD
His story begins in the small town of Italy, Texas, known as "the biggest little city in Texas." Born in 1902, Dr. Fox graduated from Baylor University College of Medicine in Dallas in 1928 and did his dermatology training in New York at New York University and Philadelphia. Upon the completion of training, he returned to Dallas and held private practice for 43 years, retiring in 1975. He was a teacher of clinical dermatology and syphilology at Baylor University for eight years and subsequently at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Among his years as a dedicated physician and teacher, Dr. Fox's contributions to dermatology included the following: president of the American Medical Association, president of the Texas Dermatology Society, vice president of the American Academy of Dermatology, served on the AAD's Board of Directors for multiple years, member of the House of Delegates for the American Medical Association, and president of the Dallas County Medical Society.
- The individual selected must be a dermatologist.
- The recipient should be an acknowledged, expert clinician.
- The emphasis must be in selecting a person who is a practicing clinical dermatologist (including dermatopathologists and dermatologic surgeons) regardless of his or her area of practice. There should be no emphasis on a particular age group.
- The recipient must have proven communication skills.
Requests for nominations will be solicited from the Academy membership at large. The recipient will be selected by the Named Lectureship Task Force and presented to the Scientific Assembly Committee for approval at the planning meeting, which is held in the fall of the year prior to the presentation of the lecture.
Nominations must be submitted to the Task Force no later than Wednesday, June 19, 2013. The Academy will announce its final decision in December of the following year.
Named Lectureship Task Force
Chair: Scott M. Dinehart, MD, FAAD
Brett M. Coldiron, MD, FAAD
Lawrence F. Eichenfield, MD, FAAD
Steven R. Feldman, MD, PhD, FAAD
David R. Bickers, MD, FAAD
Previous award recipients
- 2012: Henry W. Lim, MD
- 2011: Timothy M. Johnson, MD
- 2010: Libby Edwards, MD
- 2009: Frances J. Storrs, MD
- 2008: Jean L. Bolognia, MD
- 2007: William D. James, MD
- 2006: Samuel L. Moschella, MD
- 2005: Roy S. Rogers III, MD
- 2004: Jeffrey P. Callen, MD
- 2003: Gloria F. Graham, MD
- 2002: Rex A. Amonette, MD
- 2001: Irwin H. Braverman, MD
- 2000: Donald P. Lookingbill, MD
- 1999: Maria L. Chanco Turner, MD
- 1998: Elizabeth I. McBurney, MD
- 1997: Victor D. Newcomer, MD
- 1996: William M. Narva, MD
- 1995: G. Thomas Jansen, MD
- 1994: Harry J. Hurley, MD
Description: Everett C. Fox, MD Memorial Award and Lectureship
Meeting name: Summer Academy Meeting
Date of meeting: July 31-Aug. 4, 2014
Location: New York, N.Y.
Questions: Contact Tracy Farhan, Live Eduction
Phone: (847) 240-1485
Fax: (847) 330-1135
Application: Nominate/apply here.