Going to camp is a great experience and can create great memories. Packing appropriately will help ensure it is an experience your camper will happily remember. Use the packing list below to help prepare your camper to attend Camp Discovery.
The packing list may vary a bit from camp to camp, however, below are some must haves:
- Medications (in their original containers and placed in their carry-on luggage)
- Beach towel
- Water shoes or beach sandals
- Sandals are permitted on the camp grounds, however, closed toe shoes and long pants are required for horseback riding.
- Tennis shoes
- Wide-brimmed hat for sun protection
- Bug spray
- Plastic bags for dirty/wet clothes
- 3-4 pairs of shorts
- 4-5 t-shirts; one long-sleeved
- Sport-themed t-shirt, jersey, hat, etc. for a tailgate party
- 2 pair of jeans or long pants
- Sweatshirt or sweater (1-2)
- Rain jacket or windbreaker
- Bath towel and washcloth
- Plenty of socks and undergarments
- Sleeping bag or twin bed sheets and blanket
Please do not bring the following items:
- Excess money or valuables
- iPods and cell phones may be used at the airport and when your child first arrives at camp. However, they will be collected and safely stored during the week.
The weather can vary, so please check the weather before you leave and pack accordingly. Bringing extra clothes is always a good idea.
Please clearly label all items – including luggage, bedding, and clothing. Camp Discovery is not responsible for lost items.